Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

More of Asheville

As many times as I have been to Asheville, I never really walked around Pack Square.  It's a very, very nice park area. 







This was a beautiful Veterans' Memorial




Besides being progressive in many other ways, I love it that Asheville has recycle cans all over the downtown area.  Every city should have these!




And, of course, my favorite little statue








Ok.  So, this cat was in a store window downtown.  The poor kitty has to suffer the indignity of wearing that silly collar around his neck.  He definitely was not smiling about having to wear it!


Some nice folk art in a shop downtown





A nice birdhouse in downtown



Now, this chair - it was rusted, rickety and 4,000 years old . . .

. . . it had a $44 price tag on it!!  Seriously!?


Nice wall art



Such pretty flowers




And, lots of the Bradford Pear Trees





I don't know what these trees are, but they were everywhere -- so pretty!










No day is complete without one of my favorite meals
at Rosetta's Kitchen


Peanut butter tofu, mashed potatoes and a
gargantuan slice of cornbread.   YUM!