Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Dali Miami


This Salvador Dali exhibit in the Moore Building of Miami’s Design District was spectacular.  There could not have been a better space for this exhibit; this historic venue was built in 1921 and is one of the most iconic spaces in all of Miami.  Just the magnificent staircases leading up to each of the 4 floors was worth a visit!

I whined about the $20 price tag on this exhibit; but, it was worth it.  It was a very nice variety of Dali’s artwork and filled 3 floors of the building.

Salvador Dali is considered to be the Father of Surrealism.  Not only is he one of the greatest masters of the 20th Century, but his innovative thinking and spectacular draftsmanship created some of the most indelible images which have become synonymous with Art itself.  The broad variety of media in which Dali was known to have works, often surprises viewers and collectors.  I am glad I saw this collection!

This is a small sample of the million pictures I took:

The first 9 are my personal favorites!  (Not that anybody cares!)





I really, really, really want to own this!








The building went all out with the moustaches!






That "thumping" noise you just heard -- that's Salvador Dali turning in his grave because they are selling t-shirts with his name on them!  Way to capitalize Miami!





























Beautiful stairs!