Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

7 States in 2 Days!

I took a quick roadtrip (7 states in 2 days!) to Washington, DC and Arlington, VA.  I saw an exhibit at Artisphere in Arlington of Frida Kahlo: Her Photos, 240 images from her personal collection of over 6,500 photographs.  They had been in storage for more than 50 years and sealed until 2007. The images showed a rarely seen intimate side of the artist.  I then drove across the bridge into Washington to see the Cherry Blossoms, which were at peak bloom.  Unfortunately, the weather was so nasty and raining that I wasn't able to get out and walk among the beautiful trees.  Maybe next year!



Some cute horses talking to each other!



A beautiful sunset over southern Georgia.













These are just a couple of the amazing photographs
I saw both by and of Frida Khalo.