Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Arteaméricas

Some beautiful Latin American artwork





This exhibit was my personal favorite.  Photographer Willy Castellanos Simons photographed Cubans leaving Cuba headed towards the United States and freedom; their rafts were self-made and rickety.  The year was 1994, and a couple of the Cubans were intercepted by the US Coast Guard and repatriated (their photographs were there).  What happened to the rest of them, the artist didn't know.  I saw the people in the photographs as desperate, yet they saw their journey as hopeful.  It was very poignant.





Clyde Butcher is one of my favorite photographers.  I am used to seeing photographs of the Florida Everglades.  This exhibit was photographs of Cuba; they were beautiful.





I looooved this artist's unique artwork.  But, I forgot to get his name -- so I can't give him credit.   It was woodwork with unique little things inside of it.  In particular, I loved the Jiminy Cricket cup!











Some amazing artwork by:





Artwork by Holly Wood (I loved this work also).







Some very interesting artwork:






This art was made from recycled plastic bottles!  I love it!




More miscellaneous artwork (didn't get the artists' names)
























WTF?  Minnie?


And, last but not least, some artwork by famous artists.






There was also a Pablo Picasso drawing; I have to get it out of my camera and add it.