Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Monday, February 6, 2012

St. Augustine, Florida

I must like this town, being that I have been here twice in the past couple of months!  It's a nice town to walk around with great history, good restaurants, and lots to see and do.  I just wish they would outlaw those horse-drawn carriages; I think it is cruel to make a horse drag around a bunch of humans all day!










Very cute!


Gator Tail?  Seriously?








I love all these old buildings!




This was a very good street musician.





This wall around the oldest school is made
of oyster shells.  Pretty cool!!



Palm tree growing out of another tree.
It's known as the "Love Tree"



A really, really old cemetery in the middle of town.





There were a lot of dogs walking their owners today in town.


This was a REAL pampered little dog.
I felt embarrassed for her having to ride
in that stupid baby stroller!



Cutest doggie EVER!



Littlest dog EVER!


Biggest dogs EVER!  They were real beauties!






UGH!  I just find this practice so awful!
I feel sorry for these horses!







Ride around in this instead --
That's what it's for!


This guy loaded up his pipe . . .


. . . then got the munchies!


Wonderful place to eat, "The Floridian".
Lots of vegetarian selections.


Strawberry salad with grilled tempeh.  Delicious!


Pretty flowers all over.