Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Black Mountain, North Carolina

I visited Black Mountain today.  It is a quaint little town with lots of shops and nice people.  Of course, I started out with a cup of hot chocolate at the Dripolator! 


I love this little coffee shop!


It definitely was as good as it looks!




The Dripolator is such a cute cafe!


Some chilly goldfish sunning themselves


A sweet dog waiting for the postman!

 


I love the music shops in Black Mountain.
This was from the 1930's.



Nice storefronts.



This was the best drug store in the center of the downtown area.  They had a lot of old-fashioned toys that I used to play with when I was a kid -- when times were simpler and before the invention of everything iPodish!






I think these are politically incorrect now!  My
brothers and I used  to shoot each other all the time!




And, I haven't seen these things in 100 years either!



I paid my respects at the Veterans Cemetery in Black Mountain.  It's a beautiful place with meticulously manicured grounds.  Very peaceful.


I love this tree of chimes!


A little Eastern Bluebird.