Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Another day in the Swamp!

It's always nice to be greeted at Everglades National Park by a black-crowned night heron hiding in the bushes!










A beautiful purple gallinule (saw several today!)





A little green heron.


He seemed to want to talk to me!







Lots of blues; great and small!








Enough of these humans bothering me already ~~ I'm outta here!







Wood Stork.


A nesting Anhinga.









REPTILES.

There weren't a lot of gators out today, as there usually are.
But, it was an unseasonably cold day.


This one was completely submerged underwater for a while;
I had never seen that before.







A nice sighting of a Kestrel outside the National Park.