Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Same Birds, Different Day (Shark Valley, Everglades Natl Park)

Taking advantage of my National Park pass that's good for 7 days, I visited  SHARK VALLEY again today.  It was a beautiful day in South Florida and there were a lot of birds (and other critters) out and about!

Lots of herons, great and small, blue and green, and even some black-crowned night and some juvenile black-crowned nights!

Great Blue


 
Black-Crowned Night Heron


 
Juvenile Black-Crowned Night Heron



 
Little Blue - Big Blue


 
Little Blues

 
Little Green

 
I think I startled him!
 

 

Baby Gators

 
This one was only about a foot long!

 
Getting some of this warm Florida sunshine!

 
Some kind of snake!

 
LAZY!

 
Baby Anhinga

 
Little turtle peeking up out of the water.

 
Purple Gallinule

 
Snowy Egret

 
Butterfly.


 
YELLOW JACKET (I think)