Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Jackson Browne Live!!!

I have had a love affair with this man (his music, to be clear) for the past 40 years.  In 1975, I heard the song "Fountain of Sorrow" on Miami's rock station, WSHE.  I could not get home quick enough to call and ask what that was playing on the radio.  "Jackson Browne", the DJ said.  I have been in love with his music ever since, and have seen him at least a million times since the 70s; sometimes with a band, sometimes solo acoustic.

I was lucky enough to have a ticket to a sold-out show in Melbourne tonight, where I listened to him for nearly 3 hours.  The man, the music, the wonder - NONE of it has change.  His show was as good, if not better, than the first time I saw him all those years ago.  His music pierces my soul.

(Click play button to play video)

















Jackson's band is AMAZING!




(Click the play button to play video)