Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Monday, December 8, 2014

Art Basel 2014

It was a picture-perfect South Florida weekend for Art Basel, 2014


I started in Midtown!


Then on to the Miami Beach Convention Center - then back to Midtown







Picasso



Keith Haring




Oh, this was SO cool.  This artwork was made from cut-up dollar bills.  At first you don't realize it, but upon close examination - you see nothing but money.  I can't imagine the time each piece takes!


Dollar bills!







COLLINS PARK!  (Again, it's a beautiful day!)


Art in public places






No matter where you go, or what you do, everybody on the planet is staring at a phone.  Despite being surrounded by some amazing art, these three were just staring at their devices!  Like father, like sons!


Do you ever look at artwork and say, "My kid could do that!"?  I do, and I said that A LOT here at Art Basel.  I don't pretend to be an art aficionado, or that I understand art, but some of this - REALLY?! - a kid could do that!


I am going to give the artwork names:

"People lying on cots at Art Basel"


"Lots of stuff on floor"


"Viva Las Vegas"


"I need this dress"


"Asphalt on wood stump"


"Hand on Rope"


"Puppet in Chair"



"Red Plastic Cups"

Next year, I will be submitted artwork at Art Basel.  I am going to take some plastic forks, and a couple paper plates and put it on a table and call it, "Plastic forks and paper plates".  I will make a million dollars off my art work!


"Tent"


"Thing that blows hot air out of your dryer"


"My living room"


"Chipped conch shell"


This is how I graduated from high school (no, really)!


Okay, so I thought this little piece of art was amazing (especially the little pink purse).  I was photographing it from every single angle I could think of, when a little girl came up and rode away on it.  Seems it wasn't artwork at all - it was her scooter!