Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2012 was a really good year!
 
Today marks the 4th anniversary of the day I retired.  I will reiterate:  Being retired doesn't suck! 

In 2012 . . .

I visited a lot of state parks.  I am lucky enough to live in a state where I can see endangered manatees in the wild . . .

 
. . . and gorgeous birds!
 

 

Sadly, I bid a final farewell to the Space Shuttle Program, but am thankful for all those spectacular launches I witnessed first-hand since 1981 . . .



. . . I enjoyed a LOT of good vegetarian and vegan meals all over the United States . . .




. . . heard some great live music . . .

 
. . . saw some interesting art . . .
 
 
 
. . . participated with a good friend in Hands Across the Sand; a peaceful protest of off-shore drilling. . .




And, I took an amazing roadtrip from one end of the United States almost to the other end!
 
Saguaro National Park
San Antonio TX
Joshua Tree National Park
White Sands NM
 
 
Golden Gate Bridge
Oak Creek Canyon (AZ)
San Jose Mission (TX)
Manzanar (CA)
 
 
Sedona (AZ)
Hooker Falls (NC)
Elephant Seal (PCH)
Sunrise over Palm Desert (CA)

 
 
Pacific Coast Highway
Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest
Grand Canyon
 
 
 
Most importantly, stopping along the way to meet my very sweet new nephew!
 
 
 
The year finished out with us re-electing a President who will continue to move us FORWARD, not backward! 
 
 
 
It was a good year.  HAPPY 2013!