Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Friday, August 24, 2012

Hurricane Andrew ~ 20 Years Later!

Hard to imagine that it's been 20 years since Hurricane Andrew struck South Florida with a vengeance.  These are photos I took the day after the storm.  It was just unfathomable.  While I am not a big fan of any member of the Bush family, I have to admit that our then-Governor Jeb Bush did a great job after the storm.





This was a tiny church in Florida City.  The building blew away, but the pews remained.








People came from all over the United States to help South Florida and were AMAZING!  My home was not damaged, but I was without electricity for a couple weeks.  I remember the day some power guys came from another state and restored my neighborhood's electricity.  They were big heroes to us and we were cheering them in the street!