Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Sylva, NC

I have heard a lot about Sylva over the years from a friend, but had never been there.  It is quite a charming town - very clean and friendly.  The most best part is the new Courthouse and Public Library.  It was so beautiful - I loved the building.


 
This is the courthouse and library

 

 
A nice Veterans' Memorial outside the courthouse


 
Amazing stained glass inside the library


 
This is an old photograph of the courthouse


 
Pretty flowers




Had a delicious lunch at Lulu's Cafe.  They were very vegetarian-friendly.  I had a wrap filled with very tempeh and rice!


 
Little shops and restaurants in the downtown area




 
I liked the name of this place.  Appropriate.

 
A pretty house overlooking Main Street