Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Baby Iguanas (all 3!)

A nest of iguanas hatched in my yard a couple months ago.  I know there are at least 3 out there, because I have seen all 3 together; I have never seen an adult iguana in my yard, so I don't know how a nest came to be here.  Usually, I see 1 or 2 of the babies.  But, today, I saw all 3 at the same time. They are SO cute, even tho they are destructive and non-native.   I love having them out there.  Two of them are very shy and run from me, but, one is curious and actually comes towards me when I see him.

Baby # 2.  He was sunning himself, but when he saw me, he ran to his buddy.  I try to be respectful and not get too close, but they hear me even when I am creeping from far away.


He ran to safety with his buddy.  The one on top is curious about me.


He is sticking out his tongue at me!  SO RUDE!



SO cute!  Baby # 1


Baby # 1.  When he saw me, he came towards me!



And, this is # 3.  He wants no part of me or my camera!


From 9/30/2015.  I love his colors!