Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Monday, April 21, 2014

Boston Marathon Winner!

On Monday, April 21, 2014, Meb Keflezighi, won the Boston Marathon; he was the first American man to win the Marathon since 1983.  That's not why I am posting this photograph.  I am posting it because, if you look closely at his bib, you will see 4 names - THAT's why I am posting it.

Meb had four names written on his official runner's bib as he ran the 26.2 miles from Hopkinton to downtown Boston on Monday:  Martin, Krystle, Lingzi and Sean. Those were the names of three people killed at last year's marathon,  as well as the name of a MIT police officer who was killed during the ensuing manhunt for the bombing suspects.
 
"It's beyond words. I was standing in the grandstand last year when the bombs exploded," Keflezighi said, "This is for Boston, the United States and the world."


Awesome!