Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Zoo Miami

It was an amazingly gorgeous South Florida day to visit the zoo!  The animals are free roaming and the grounds are magnificent to walk around!

 
I love this anteater.  I had never seen it before.



 
 
These guys were funny.  They seemed to be annoyed that their food (or water) bowl was empty.  So, they all got together and were lifting it up and slamming it back on the ground.  They were really acting like asses!!




 
Crocodile

 
Australian singing dogs (I didn't hear them sing)



 
 


 



 
This is fun - to feed the giraffes


 
 
 
This was an interesting animal.  Not sure what it was - but it was in the Australian exhibit with Koala Bears.


 
King & Queen of the Jungle




 
Otter Feeding Time!


 
Okay.  This animal.  It was in a cage and people were looking at it.  Is it just me, or does it look like any other New York City sewer rat?

 
Red-Crested Cardinal


 
This guy was loving the water on this cold day!






 
 
Besides all the great animals, Zoo Miami is beautiful to just walk around and look at the flowers and plants.  I love the variety and color.
 
 
Rainbow Eucalyptus




 
I love this red flower





 
These yellow flowering trees were all over the zoo.  They were gorgeous against the clear, blue sky.



 
A little train ride if you get tired.

 
Some nice refreshment.

 
It just seems SO wrong to walk a kid around on a leash!