Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pinecrest Gardens Art Festival

It was a cool, beautiful south Florida day for the Pinecrest Gardens Art Festival.  Besides all the great artwork, the gardens (the old Parrot Jungle) are beautiful to walk around in.  What a perfect day!





It's nice that dogs are welcome.  They are usually
far better behaved than children!



This is the work of artist Phil Fung.  I liked his stuff; it was was very eclectic!  His artwork also graced the cover of the brochure for the art festival.







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Work by local Miami artist Sandra Rincon.
This is artwork on dried leaves (if I had to guess, I would say
that they are sea grape leaves).    They were very unique! 

I couldn't resist buying this one.






Other amazing artwork by Sandra.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These beautiful, original, hand-made creations are by
artist Peter Patrick Barreda.




The mandala is an ancient art-form that mirrors the beauty, symmetry and holistc unity of the Universe.  Blah, blah blah - whatever!  I just thought the artwork was beautiful!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I loved these paintings on gourds!  Her colors were
vibrant, and they were all one-of-a-kind.
These are by artist Annie Maxwell.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nancy Tome, Wildlife Artist

I think this artist did a phenomenal job of capturing the expressions of wild birds in her paintings.  Keep in mind, I know nothing about art -- but, I do know about birds and these were so good that at first glance they could have been mistaken for photographs!



My favorite is this little green heron.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miscellaneous (I didn't get the artists' names)








There was a lot of other good art (and some not so good!), but some artists are fussy about allowing their work to be photographs, so I always respect that.

The grounds of Pinecrest Gardens are lush, green and beautiful!

























No day is complete without my narcissistic self-portrait!
(Hey, if it's good enough for Van Gogh, it's good enough for me!)