Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Friday, December 2, 2011

St. Augustine Lighthouse and Museum

I don't know what made me think I could climb all the stairs to get up to the top of this lighthouse!  I am proud to say that I did do it - all the way up.  The view from the top of St. Augustine and the River was magnificent, to say the least.  Unfortunately, half-way up, my camera battery went dead.  Not having a spare, I was forced to take pictures from the top with an awful cellphone camera.   Oh, well, I guess it was better than nothing at all.




How many different views of one lighthouse can I have?



I  ventured inside and up those stairs!



And, then it happened -- my camera died.

Here starts the cellphone pics!



Views from the top -- Spectacular!



What a view!!!  Wish I had a good camera!!




This is a nice place to visit.  There are little trails you can venture out on.  There's a beautiful garden, and a museum.  It was a nice day there.