Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

JOHN LENNON (10/09/1940 - 12/08/1980) ~ No Longer Riding on the Merry-Go-Round

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round.
I really love to watch them roll.
No longer riding on the merry-go-round.
I just had to let it go.

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now? ~~John Lennon

I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people. ~~John Lennon

If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace. ~~John Lennon

Imagine all the people living life in peace.
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one.

[Obviously, I didn't take this photograph!]