Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER STATE PARK

Rainbow Springs State Park is a great place to go to enjoy nature.  It's the equivalent to a beautiful botanical garden.  There are trees, flowers, shady walkways, and lots of waterfalls.  There are also plenty of birds!! 

(Click on photos to enlarge.)
A pileated woodpecker

 He was really drilling away at the tree!

 Red-bellied woodpecker






 This looked like a tiny bluejay

 There were a bunch of female cardinals on the ground

 All the turtles were thermal regulating!






 The park is so pretty to just walk around 




 This is my favorite spot. The water is so clear
you can see the springs bubbling




 Many waterfall!











 The entire park was decorated for the holidays
 Crystal clear water
 Swimming area

Here I tried to go all Ansel Adams with these waterfalls.
Ok, so I'm not Ansel Adams - I tried!