Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

MIAMI-METRO ZOO

As far as zoos go, the Miami-Metro Zoo is relatively nice. The areas for the animals (while not as good as being in the wild) are decent. I won't put names on many of the animals because I have no idea what they are, but most are obvious.
(Click on photos to enlarge.)
Besides a lot of free-flying birds, the zoo has an
amazing aviary. This is an endangered Harpy Eagle.
I thought he was a little strange looking; but, I'm sure
he thought the same of me.
Black-crowned night heron
White pelican
Andean Condor
Two way-cute little birds!
The zoo has beautiful tigers
Including this white one
I think the little statue looks like one of the
flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz
Some lemurs
Okay. Here's the thing. I'm certainly not
the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but I
know a plain, ordinary pound dog when I see one!
Yet, the sign on this animal said it was some kind of
Australian singing something (I didn't hear it sing).
It's not a dingo, tho I did want to
throw in a baby to see if it ate it.
Anteater
Two "monkey frogs"
Pay $2 and you can buy a leaf to feed the giraffes
Pigmy hippo
I think these lions look like they needed
a good meal!
A Cuban croc
Couple nice spider webs
Little otters
Big otter