Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

EVERGLADES NATIONAL PARK (again!)

Yesterday was a picture-perfect day in Miami.
It was a great day for Everglades National Park.
(Click on photos to enlarge.)
I put this picture first because it is beautiful.
(If I do say so myself). It is a little
green heron with a perfect reflection in the water.
The Everglades is vast and beautiful.
An egret fishing.
This is South Florida's version of "fall colors."
Three yellow leaves!
I call this a swamp flower, but I don't
know what it actually is.
More pretty swamp flowers.
Another "fall leaf"
There are a lot of air plants in the Everglades.
This Coke can is NOT part of the natural habitat.
It's just some rude idiot who thinks
the planet is his garbage can! Great day for a picnic.
A little green heron fishing.
Little green herons are not something
you see everyday. But, there were a
lot of them in the Glades yesterday.
Obviously, it is my favorite bird.
(Hence all the pictures of them.)
Here's one with a pair of turtles
sunning themselves.
Lots of flying birds too. A wood stork.
I didn't know what this bird was,
but it perfectly fits the description of an
American Bitten - so it's an
American Bitten. I haven't seen
too many of these before.
Lots of herons sitting, waiting, eating.
Egret.
A cormorant - most beautiful eyes.
Vultures nuzzling each other.
A blue and a little green heron.
An Anhinga. A soft-shell turtle. It was huge!
Gators.