Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Friday, March 6, 2015

Williamsburg and Newport News, Virginia


It was a smidge cooler than I had anticipated!


There was a beautiful dusting of snow on the ground!



Not a bad view to wake up to (Marriott, Newport News VA)


A cold day calls for a hot beverage!  Sooooo good - from Aroma's in Newport News 


I took a drive through historic Williamsburg.  It was a beautiful drive, but I didn't have enough time there.  I'd like to go back and see more than I did.




Beautiful day!



I loved this farm.










The town is beautiful with all the old buildings and restaurants and shops.  It was a gorgeous day to walk around.  This area is free; but, for the actual tour, there is a ticket fee.  I didn't do it this time, but I will next time I go.







My day ended in the same spot it started, Aromas.  This was an amazing bowl of potato soup.  Soooo delicious on a cold day!


Beautiful sunset (wish that building wasn't there!)