Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Sarasota Chalk Festival 2014 (Venice, FL)

The 2014 Sarasota Chalk Festival was held in nearby Venice this year.  This is an amazing event.  For someone like me who has no artistic ability whatsoever, it is incomprehensible to me that someone can sit down in the street, with nothing but chalk, and create these masterpieces. 

The theme of the festival this year as "endangered species."  There were so many gorgeous drawings of endangered animals!

It was a gorgeous sunny & cool day in Venice today.  I loved being here!



Nice crowd!























There was a separate area for teens and kids to create their art!





I love this rhino (below)!  And, the sea turtle (above).


Artists creating their masterpieces!




The kids seemed to really enjoy the face-painter!