Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Friday, November 22, 2013

John F. Kennedy - 50 Years Ago

It is strange how some things you never forget.  I was 8 years old exactly 50 years ago today when the President of the United States, John F. Kennedy, was shot and killed in Dallas, Texas.  I remember where I was, what I was doing, and every little detail about that day.

I visited Dealey Plaza in Dallas on November 27, 2009.  It was very strange to see where the President had been assassinated all those years ago.

This photograph depicts the Grassy Knoll (left), the exact spot in the street where John F. Kennedy was shot (middle), and the building where Lee Harvey Oswald shot him from (right).

 
"X" marks the spot.

 
The building Oswald shot JFK from is now a museum.