Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Zoo Miami

Gorgeous South Florida day today at Zoo Miami!  Lots of animals basking in the warm sunshine.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The monkeys were making a lot of racket!
(Click on play button to play video.)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
At this speed, he is never going to get there!
(Click play button to play video.) 
 
 
 
 
 
KOMODO DRAGON EXHIBIT












 
I don't know what this little bird is, but they were all over in the Wings of Asia exhibit and were SO cute!
 


 

 
This very well may be some exotic bird from Asia, but it sure looks and sounds like a common chicken to me!

 
(Click play button to play video.)
 
 
 
 

 





 
BEAUTIFUL flamingos!



 
Zoo Miami has an amazing variety of plants and trees and shrubs.  It's just a pretty place to walk around.
 



 
There were a lot of butterflies everywhere!




 
 
I love all the bamboo.


 
 



 
 
If you don't feel like walking, you can always hop on one of these things to get around.

 
Me and a Black Rhino (I'm the one in the hat!)