Most of my posts are about pleasant things -- with the occasional rant about things that perturb me!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Pinecrest Gardens

This is a beautiful botanical garden in Pinecrest (it was  formally the original Parrot Jungle).  There are shady pathways, beautiful flowers, lots of ponds with fish and turtles, and just a pretty place to walk around.  There are also a couple places for kids to play - like a water area and a nice playground area.  There was also a petting zoo, but I didn't visit that area (I don't care for petting zoos).  It's a fantastic place.

 




















































I loved the turtle pond.  LOTS of turtles!



This little guy was trying to climb up on a big rock.
He didn't make it, but he sure tried!





He fell back in the water and off he swam to another rock.









Lots of cool spider webs.